To promote the mental health of CSUMB students in order to improve the quality of their lives and aid them in achieving academic success. We are committed to the development of the whole person: academically, personally, socially, spiritually, and physically.
Hours & Contact Information
- PGCC Phone: (831) 582-3969
- All calls are answered 24 hours, 7 days per week during all 12 months of the year. The calls will be answered by professional counselors.
- Appointments: To make, reschedule or cancel an appointment, please call during our office hours between 8 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 6012 General Jim Moore, Marina, CA 93933
- Center Location: The PGCC is located in the Health and Wellness Services Building (80) on the corner of General Jim Moore Boulevard and Inter-Garrison Road.
- Mailing Address: California State University Monterey Bay, Health & Wellness Services, 100 Campus Center, Seaside, CA, 93955-8001
PGCC provides high quality crisis intervention, counseling, consultation, educational outreach programs, support groups, and referrals all designed to help students:
- Learn skills to optimize decision-making, problem-solving, communication, managing stress and resolving conflicts
- Deal with problems stemming from personal life experiences, trauma, and situational stress
- Resolve life crises that threaten persistence in college
- Adjust to and cope with college life and pressures
- Enhance individual potential
- Develop personal growth and healthy relationships
Call our office at (831) 582-3969
Interested in starting counseling services? Walk-in during our new student appointment hours for a brief 20 minute session. Please call with questions.
New Student Appointment Hours
- Monday: 9 - 11 AM; 1 - 3 PM
- Tuesday: 9 - 11 AM ; 1 - 3 PM
- Wednesday: 1 - 3 PM
- Thursday: 9 - 11 AM ; 1 - 3 PM
What to Expect
- Students will be seen on a first come, first served basis.
- All students, regardless if you were in counseling last year, must complete a new student appointment.
- In the initial appointment, counselors will gather information, help to identify treatment options, and schedule a follow up session.
Helping a Student
- If you are concerned that a student is in danger of hurting themselves or others, call 9-1-1.
- If you are on campus and concerned about a student, encourage them to speak with one of our counselors in the PGCC. You can offer to accompany the student to our office in the Health and Wellness Services Building (80) on the corner of General Jim Moore Boulevard and Inter-Garrison Road. Please call us prior to coming over so we may prepare to meet them.
- If you are off campus and concerned about a student, express your concern to the student, encourage them to come to the counseling center, and follow up with the student.
Groups, Workshops, Trainings
Workshops and trainings are based on the principles of the National Coalition Building Institute (NCBI) and are designed for a single class session, club or staff meeting, or for anyone interested in personal and professional growth. Join NCBI in eliminating discrimination, oppression and intolerance of every kind.
The mission of Otter Care is to promote emotional well-being, encourage help seeking behavior, and strengthen resilience by fostering connectedness throughout the campus community. Sign up for one of our trainings today!
For information on new programs and events subscribe to our newsletter, sent once per semester. Email email@example.com to subscribe.
The mission of Otter Care is to promote emotional well-being, encourage help seeking behavior, and strengthen resilience by fostering connectedness throughout the campus community. Sign up for one of our trainings to learn more and help enhance our campus community.
Workshops and trainings are based on principles of the National Coalition Building Institute (NCBI) and designed for a single class session, club or staff meeting, or are open to anyone seeking personal and professional growth.