We strive to promote the mental health of CSUMB students in order to improve the quality of their lives and aid them in achieving academic success. We are committed to the development of the whole person: academically, personally, socially, spiritually, and physically.
Services during COVID-19
Mental health services are available for currently enrolled students. Students interested in services are encouraged to call our office, 831-582-3969, M-F 8am-12pm/1-5pm to initiate services. Available services include:
- 24/7 Crisis Support: If a student needs to speak with a counselor outside of business hours, call 831-582-3969 to be connected with a counselor for immediate support.
- Phone Support: To continue or begin counseling services, students who call the PGCC during regular business hours will be connected with a counselor by phone to discuss treatment options.
- Zoom Support: Following a phone screening, students may be scheduled to participate in individual counseling sessions by Zoom.
Health and Wellness Services supports all CSUMB students in their psychological, physical and social well-being. Supporting social well-being includes helping students to cope with racism and other forms of oppression.
CSUMB launches YOU@CSUMB, a 24/7, anonymous online well-being platform. This is your space to check in with yourself, set goals, and explore personalized resources created specifically for the students of CSUMB.
The PGCC now offers telemental health services. If you are interested in telemental health services please call the PGCC at 831-582-3969. All clients will be scheduled for a telemental health phone screening prior to being scheduled a session. If you have any questions about services, please call our office.
COVID-19 can trigger a variety of emotional responses. It is valid to feel anxious about the health and well-being of ourselves and others. Some may find this more difficult to cope with than others, but there are helpful things our campus can do to respond and maintain a healthy well-being.
Hours & Contact Information
To make, reschedule or cancel an appointment, please call during our office hours, M-F 8am-12pm/1-5pm.
6012 General Jim Moore, Marina, CA 93933
The PGCC is located in the Health and Wellness Services Building (80) on the corner of General Jim Moore Boulevard and Inter-Garrison Road.
California State University Monterey Bay, Health & Wellness Services, 100 Campus Center, Seaside, CA, 93955-8001Campus Map
PGCC provides high quality crisis intervention, counseling, consultation, educational outreach programs, support groups, and referrals all designed to help students:
- Learn skills to optimize decision-making, problem-solving, communication, managing stress and resolving conflicts
- Deal with problems stemming from personal life experiences, trauma, and situational stress
- Resolve life crises that threaten persistence in college
- Adjust to and cope with college life and pressures
- Enhance individual potential
- Develop personal growth and healthy relationships
Call our office at (831) 582-3969
Helping a Student
- If you are concerned that a student is in danger of hurting themselves or others, call 9-1-1.
- If you are off campus and concerned about a student, express your concern to the student, and encourage them to call the PGCC to identify treatment options.
For information on new programs and events subscribe to our newsletter, sent once per semester. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe.