National Student Exchange (NSE)
National Student Exchange (NSE) provides an opportunity to study at one of nearly 200 universities throughout the United States, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. Students may study for up to two semesters and all units transfer back to CSUMB. The program provides a variety of benefits to college students looking to add to their resumé and life experiences.
- Meet virtually with your CSUMB Education Abroad Advisor.
- Complete an NSE application, the link will be emailed to you by the Education Abroad Advisor.
- Complete a CSUMB Education Abroad application.
- You will be required to complete another application for your host university.
- Students who are accepted to Canada, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands programs will have to purchase CSU approved travel insurance.
- Take classes not available at your school
- Study with new professors and experts in your field
- Broaden your education perspective
- Pursue research, field study, and internship opportunities
- Investigate graduate schools
- Experience personal growth and independence
- Live in different geographic and cultural settings
- Gain international and/or intercultural understanding
- Explore the historical and cultural makeup of the U.S. and Canada
- Make connections in a new job market
- Develop practical skills for use in your professional development
- Increase collaboration experience
- Prepare yourself to live and work in a culturally diverse society
- Priority deadline for Fall and Spring (following year): February 20th
- Final deadline for Fall: May 1st
- Final deadline for Spring: November 1st
- Please note: We highly encourage students to apply by the priority deadline for a higher chance to get placed at your desired NSE campus. Options will become more limited the longer you wait to apply.