Vision, mission, goals, and core strategies
Vision: CSUMB educators* foster holistic wellness, learning, and engagement for all students.
Mission: Help CSUMB educators* improve and integrate curricular and co-curricular teaching and assessment to cultivate holistic wellness, learning, and engagement.
Goals: Help CSUMB educators*...
- Create learning environments that include, challenge, and support everybody.
- Facilitate learning experiences that help all students advance, apply, and transfer curricular and co-curricular learning.
- Promote integrative thinking that advances holistic wellness, learning, and engagement for everybody.
*"CSUMB educators" include the faculty (lecturers and tenure-line), co-curricular professionals in Academic Affairs and Student Affairs, administrators, other university employees, students, and community partners.
- Partner with other CSUMB educators on projects and programs.
- Support assessment of student achievement and using results to improve.
- Network with local, regional, and national organizations to exchange and align ideas, goals, and strategies.
Organizations that influence our work
- ITL: California State University Institute for Teaching and Learning
- FDC: California State University Faculty Development Council
- WSCUC: Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior Colleges and Universities Commission
- AAC&U: Association of American Colleges and Universities
- WestEd: Reading Apprenticeship
- POD: Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education
- NCORE: National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education
- ACMHE: The Association for Contemplative Mind in Higher Education
- ACE: The American Council on Education