The CSUMB Test Center's Vision and Long Term Goals
The CSUMB Test Center seeks to align itself with the university’s founding vision. As a campus explicitly dedicated to the success of our diverse, historically under-served, and local population, we at the CSUMB Testing Center aim to serve our students and the residents of the tri-county area to meet their educational and professional goals. We will work with our campus and community partners to provide an innovative space for all.
The CSUMB Testing Center will assist users in their academic and professional growth through:
- Facilitating the testing needs of on-campus and distance-learning students.
- Providing a public service to our local community by offering computer-based and/or paper-pencil testing services.
- Providing a facility conducive to a quality-testing environment that is accessible, clean, comfortable, quiet, aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly.
- Provide outstanding customer service by being friendly, courteous, responsible, informative, accurate and supportive.
- The current goal of the CSUMB Testing Center is to successfully open a center that is fully staffed and ready to meet the needs of our current campus population. This includes being able to proctor exams that require a variety of accommodations (including adaptive technology) as well as developing and/or adopting systems for efficiently booking test takers and collecting center usage. Longer term, we will adopt and administer more third party and high stakes exams for our students and community.
- All of these goals will also serve to help us achieve NCTA certification and allow us to join the ranks of nationally recognized testing centers.