The CSUMB Test Center's Mission
The CSU Monterey Bay Test Center, within the Division of Student Affairs, supports and enhances the university’s mission by dedicating itself to student success, retention, and academic excellence for all students. We do this by:
- Enabling test takers to perform at their maximum ability
- Providing a secure, quiet, clean, accommodating, and accessible environment
- Serving as the primary liaison for outside testing agencies and institutions
- Facilitating the testing needs of on-campus and distance-learning students
- Employing a knowledgeable, courteous testing staff
- Making national and professional entrance, certification, and advanced-standing examinations available to the campus and the community
- Assisting students in meeting their educational goals
The CSU Monterey Bay Test Center is committed to adhering to the guidelines set forth by the National College Testing Association (NCTA) to maintain professional testing standards and practices as well as to safeguard the privacy of student records.
We strive in creating an optimal testing environment in accordance with the NCTA professional standards and guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centers.
- To provide a professional, welcoming, accommodating, and above all, secure testing environment for CSU Monterey Bay and the surrounding community that enables test takers to perform at their maximum ability.