Many of CSUMB’s academic departments offer credit-bearing internship courses; some are open to non-majors while others are required/restricted courses open only to students in those majors. In order to earn academic credit for an internship experience, you must be enrolled in an internship course. Please contact the faculty member of your internship course to determine course requirements, supplemental department forms/processes, recommended internship placement sites, major-specific internship credit limitations, and other pertinent guidance.
For more information about internship courses visit the Internship Courses page from SIP.
For other Internship Resources refer to the SIP Opportunities page.
Steps for securing an Academic Internship:
- We implore you to log onto the
OtterConnect! website and review all of the approved sites first! Make sure to use the Internship filter when using the search engine. If you want to work with a particular Community Partner that is not in the database, please speak with your faculty supervisor.
- Consult with your internship course faculty member about learning objectives and appropriateness of the internship opportunity.
- Apply for an internship position by following the specific instructions detailed in the opportunity listing. An internship site may use varying screening methods, including written application, resume review, interviews, etc.
- After you have secured a faculty-approved internship placement, log on to
OtterConnect! using your CSUMB username log-on information, and create your internship placement.
- Check with your internship course faculty for additional forms and requirements. For example, you may also be asked to log your hours on a time sheet.
Where else can I find an internship?
This is the place to find the most exciting opportunities for internships on and off campus!
CSUMB's catch-all posting site for off-campus, on-campus student positions, internships, summer jobs, or graduate positions.
Great for those motivated researchers who want a unique experience!