CSUMB Experience Study (CSUMBES) - 2019
Reports by Topic
- Academic Offerings and Reputation
- Advising - Part I, Part II
- Assignments, Exams, and Grading
- Campus Health, Counseling, and Disability Services
- Career Services and Internships
- Challenges for Retention
- Classes and Major Requirements - Part I, Part II
- Community, Diversity, and Belonging - Part I, Part II
- Cooperative Learning Center
- Facilities and Campus Safety
- Faculty Mentorship
- Future Plans
- Helpfulness of Administration and Other Staff
- Helpfulness of Faculty - Part I, Part II
- Overall Satisfaction with CSUMB - Part I, Part II
- Residential Life
- Student Activities - Part I, Part II
- Student Services and Campus Service Center - Part I, Part II
- Work, Life, and Study Balance
Access the 2019 CSUMB Experience Study qualitative results to open-ended survey questions via IAR's Qualitative Survey Reporting Tool.
(Note: If you do not yet have access to IAR's Qualitative Survey Reporting tool, request access. You will need to use your Otter single sign on ID to login to the Qualitative Survey Reporting Tool.)
Via this tool, users can explore open-ended responses to the following questions:
- What aspects of CSUMB have enhanced your undergraduate experience?
- What aspects of CSUMB would you like to see changed or improved?
- What suggestions do you have for CSUMB to better help future students meet their undergraduate education goals?
- Please describe why you believe you might not complete your studies at CSUMB.
- Indicate up to three Sustainability-related systems you are least satisfied with at CSUMB.
- Which best describes your Academic Advisor?
- Where do you feel you need the most help as a student?
- Have you previously had help in any of the following areas?