The vision of the UndocuAlly training provided by the Undocu-Succes Center and Office of Inclusive Excellence, is to foster an atmosphere of support and inclusivity for our undocumented student population at CSUMB.
The mission of the UndocuAlly training is to identify, educate, and support allies by creating awareness of the current laws and legislation surrounding the undocumented student population. This training will address how to better serve and support our undocumented students, and to build a campus culture that acknowledges, integrates, and accepts students from diverse backgrounds. Allies are individuals within the CSUMB community who consider themselves knowledgeable about undocumented issues and provide advocacy by supporting our undocumented students at CSUMB.
- Someone who is motivated in providing support and advocacy for undocumented students.
- Is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and privacy of students' immigration status.
- Helps students by supporting their academic endeavors.
- Acknowledges that undocumented students have a right to be enrolled in the university.
- Creates an atmosphere of trust and respect pertaining to undocumented issues.
- Listens openly, yet does not question the student's immigration status.
- Handles students’ emotions with empathy and support.
- Provides professional resources to students when needed.
- Identifies discriminatory behavior towards undocumented students and reports it.
- Establish a foundation of knowledge to support undocumented students and students of mixed-status families.
- Provide an opportunity for campus faculty and staff to express their concerns and fears for undocumented students on campus and how to better assist them and facilitate their academic journey.
- Explore best practices to create an inclusive classroom for all students regardless of their immigration status.
- Create a campus environment that supports undocumented students' academic and career goals and social and personal growth.
- Establish a campus network of allies that can provide resources, assistance, and guidance towards undocumented students.
- Create campus awareness about the concerns and needs of undocumented students.
- To promote a campus culture that acknowledges students from diverse backgrounds.
- To promote a campus culture free of discrimination.
Request a Department/Program Training
Undocu-Ally Training: 3 Hours
The Undocu-Success Center UndocuAlly training will allow participants to enhance their knowledge of how to become effective allies through support and services for undocumented students on campus through strategic interventions and practices. Participants will learn about federal, state, and local laws and policies that affect undocumented students and their families. Participants will learn mental health topics specifically pertaining to undocumented students including status-related stressors. Participants will learn about the resources that are available on and off campus for undocumented students and students of mixed-status families.
Request an In-Class Presentation
Undocumented Student Resources: 30 minutes
The Undocu-Success Center in-class presentation will be a brief session that provides a list of resources available on and off campus for undocumented students and students of mixed-status families.
Department Position Name College Support Programs Undocu Success Coordinator Guillermo Metelin Bock firstname.lastname@example.org