Want to explore the Monterey Peninsula but need some wheels? Drive a Zipcar instead of your own!
Find out more about how Zipcar's Covid-19 Cleaning practices.
What is Zipcar?
Zipcar is a carsharing program on campus that provides a fast, efficient commute to one’s desired destination, whether it be a quick trip to the grocery store or a short weekend getaway! With a Zipcar membership, campus community members can reserve a car anytime by the hour and day.
Zipcar for University membership starts at $15 a year.
Reserve cars by the hour for as low as $5.50 per hour or $55.00 per day. Your trip includes gas, insurance, and 180 miles per day. Additional Overnight Fees may incur, see zipcar.com/csumb for more details.
How much does a Zipcar cost at CSUMB? Estimate your next trip on the Zipcar website.
How it works
Join: Apply online OR in the app and drive in minutes. Once approved, you will be mailed a Zipcard to access a Zipcar vehicle. Remember to put your current residency address for a Zipcard!
Reserve: Book a Zipcar for a time as little as 1 hour or as long as 7 days.
Tap: Hold your Zipcard to the car's windshield—or tap the app—to unlock.
Drive: Hit the road. When you are done, park the car in its reserved spot on campus and use your Zipcard or the app to lock up. Vehicles not returned in reserved spot within rental session will pay additional fees.
Six Simple Rules
- Report damages: Inspect your Zipcar inside and out. Report damage, a dirty car, or low fuel so we know it wasn’t you.
- Keep it clean: Take personal belongings with you when you go, and throw away or recycle any trash.
- Fill ‘er up: Always leave at least 1/4 tank. (It’s on us!) Gas card instructions are on the back of your Zipcard or watch the video.
- No smoking: Not even with all the windows down or all the doors open. Period. Members will be charged a fee for the cost of cleaning.
- Pets in carriers: Fido and Fluffy need to be kept in a pet carrier at all times. (No matter how cute they are.)
- Return on time: Don’t leave the next member hanging. Be on time (and avoid a $50 late fee). Text or use the app or watch this video to learn how to extend your reservation.
- Alumni & Visitor Center on Fourth Ave. (Parking Lot 97)
- Avocet Hall on Divarty St. (Parking Lot 208)
- To find other locations in other areas check out the Zipcar website.