CSUMB supports electric vehicle (EV) drivers with two EV charging stations on campus. EVs help the campus reach its goal to reduce vehicle-related greenhouse gas emissions.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
“Top Off” your battery with a free charge at a Level 1 or Level 2 outlet available at each station. To get started, all that is needed is a CSUMB parking permit, ChargePoint account, and your vehicle!
- Alumni and Visitor Center on Fourth Ave. before Lot 97
- Between the Otter Express and Student Center in Lot 16
Spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Remember to charge with respect. Charge up and allow others to use the station.
Nearby Off-Campus Stations - within 2 miles
- Cinemark Marina (100 10th St, Marina, CA)
- City of Marina (211 Cypress Ave, Marina, CA)
- Walgreens - Marina (226 Reservation Rd, Marina, CA)
Why drive an Electric Vehicle (EV)?
By traveling with a Electric Vehicle, you will not only have access to a quick charge, but you will be help reduce vehicle-related greenhouse gas emissions! Driving an EV to campus has its benefits. You will have access to two charging station, each providing a 110 volt outlet (Level 1) and a 240 volt outlet (Level 2). In addition, the connivence of getting a quick charge before heading back home can help you save money as charging is currently free! Read below to learn more about the benefits when choosing to drive with an EV.
Current EV Owners
Potential EV Owners
- Affordable commute. Spend an average of $3-4 for 100 miles compared to $10-13 spent on a conventional car.
- Accessible anywhere. Charging an EV can accessible at any location with an outlet, from your garage to the stations around the community and campus.
- Breathe better. Choosing to drive an EV will help reduce vehicle-related greenhouse gas emissions that pollute our air.
- MBARD EV Rebates
- ChargePoint Incentives