The National Weather Service (NWS) has a lot of information available for the public regarding weather hazards. The CSUMB campus has worked with the NWS and NOAA to be one of over 3,000 in the country registered as StormReady. It is a good idea to educate yourself, make an emergency supplies kit and consider making a household or a family communications plan for emergencies. Being prepared is key!
- Monterey County Office of Emergency Services
- The National Weather Service and National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration
- Alert Monterey County
- California Office of Emergency Services
- Local News: KSBW, KION, The Monterey Herald, The Salinas Californian, Monterey County Weekly, KAZU
- Public Safety Power Shutoffs Resource Guide (California Health and Human Services Agency)