The Records Division maintains reports and records for the Police Department, including storing information electronically for more efficient search and retrieval, redistributing information to enable over-the-counter service to citizens, statewide teletype service to support the department, and providing law enforcement officers with immediate access to this information.
Basic records processing functions
- Case Document Scanning/Archiving
- Statistics Processing
- Copy/Distribution Desk
- Law Enforcement Agency Assistance
- Public Records Assistance
- Teletype Processing
- Report Validation Services
- Assembly of Prosecution Packages for DA Review and Court processing
- Report releases
- Background checks for authorized Law Enforcement; Digital conversion of police documents
- National and Statewide teletype services
- Process requests for police reports, subpoenas, and records checks for public agencies and authorized private agencies, vehicle releases, audits, and evidence storage/adjudication
Release of vehicles
The vehicle will ONLY be released to the Registered Owner or Legal Owner or to their Agent. The Agent can be a representative of a business or can be appointed by the Registered Owner with a note/letter/ document with a NOTARIZED signature and seal.
- Provide current Registration. If registration is expired, show proof of completed new registration or fees paid to DMV to obtain a One-Day Moving Permit (or Permit of Non-Operation to tow the vehicle).
- Provide proof of current vehicle insurance.
- The Registered Owner/Legal Owner/ Agent must present a VALID driver's license or bring a licensed driver along to drive the vehicle.
- Provide a vehicle release fee of $10.00 (payable by cash, check, or money order made out to CSUMB).
Requests for police information
- Fill out the Application for Police Information.
- Turn the application into the Parking Office cashier at the CSUMB Police Department.
- Provide a copy of a State/government-issued identification or CSUMB identification (if affiliated with the campus).