University Police

Citizen Complaints

The University Police Department (UPD) is very involved in our community and dedicated to continuous improvement in all that we do. If you believe any member of UPD has mistreated you, violated your rights or been otherwise unprofessional in conduct; you have a right to file a complaint and have that complaint investigated. You may present your complaint in person, in writing, or by telephone or email directly to Commander John Short, who can be reached at 831-582-3593 and

UPD is dedicated to providing the highest level of professional law enforcement and public safety services possible to our community. Your feedback will assist in ensuring this level of service is consistently attained. Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.