About our staff
We are here to help you succeed academically and personally. We are fully committed to providing students with the very best counseling, psychotherapy and health education. Each staff member is a caring individual that brings their unique self to the clientele that they serve. Each staff member has undergone training in psychotherapy, theory, client-issues and ethics.
Our counseling staff includes these different types of helping professionals:
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educator
Our helping professionals are members of the following professional associations:
- American Counseling Association
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- Board of Behavioral Sciences
- American Public Health Association
Our philosophy is to value the self-worth of each individual, respect and embrace human diversity, and provide services that aid in the development of healthy behaviors necessary for success.
You may be a little apprehensive about visiting a counselor, but you'll find it is actually a warm and safe place to discuss what might be worrying you personally, academically, or socially. Discussing your concerns with a counselor simply means you are asking for objective help with a particular aspect of your college life that may have become too overwhelming to deal with alone.