Extended Education and International Programs

Paying for tuition and fees

The following information applies to students enrolled in Extended Education academic programs.

Current Extended Education programs include:

  • Online Computer Science (CS) Degree Completion
  • Online Master of Business Administration (MBA)
  • Nursing
  • Science Illustration Certificate Program

How to make payments online

Visit your dashboard & select "OASIS"

For your convenience, CSUMB offers two online payment options to current CSUMB students:

  • Electronic Check (eCheck) No Fee!
  • Credit Card

Students can access Online Payments via their Dashboard within the CMS Self Service/Student Center.

Parents can have their student create a Parent PIN that allows direct access to the online payment site.

What you should know before you make an e-check payment

  1. There is no fee for using the eCheck online payment option.
  2. You will need to have the routing number and checking account number (Call your bank to confirm all account information and eCheck (ACH) use).

Accounts that are not generally accepted on the eCheck site:

  • Money Market Accounts
  • Educational Fund Accounts
  • Credit Union Accounts
  • Savings Accounts
  • Loan Checks

Know this before you make a credit card payment

  1. There is a non-refundable 2.75% convenience fee charge.
  2. To process your payment, you will need to have the card number, expiration date, billing address and the 3 - 4 digit card ID.

Detailed instructions on how to make an online payment.

  • For general financial aid information visit Financial Aid.

    CSUMB Extended Ed students enrolled in eligible degree and certificate programs are eligible to apply for federal financial aid loans based on financial aid award requirements.

    How to apply for financial aid

    How to accept my loan

    Once your FAFSA has been processed, you will receive an award letter from financial aid. Read the letter carefully and be sure to complete all of the steps in the letter, including:

    • Accept loan(s) in OASIS database. Download FA Acceptance Instructions for a detailed how to. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open these instructions.
    • Complete Master Promissory Note and Loan Entrance Counseling at studentaid.gov
    • Update your student mailing address in OASIS-Self Service. Your student mailing address is the address your refund will be mailed to.
    • Sign up for e-refunds to have any refunds sent via direct deposit.

    Financial aid criteria required each term/semester

    Financial Aid SAP is reviewed after each term/semester. Students must maintain the minimum GPA for their program.

    Complete Loan Exit Counseling at studentaid.gov if you have dropped below half-time, withdrawn or graduated.

    For assistance with financial aid, please contact the Extended Education Financial Aid Counselor.

  • Students may have their employer request a formal agreement to pay CSUMB directly. This is called a Third Party contract. If your employer would like to pay for your tuition, they will need to complete the steps listed below.

    CSUMB does not guarantee acceptance of all third party payment contracts*. The third party contract must be authorized by the CSUMB finance office before your payment due date. Your employer should submit the third party authorization form at least three weeks prior to the term start.

    Once a signed agreement from the employer is submitted and accepted, CSUMB will invoice the employer following the add/drop period for the class in question.

    Students are still responsible for all unpaid fees that are not covered by the Third Party contract.

    • Provide your employer with your CSUMB Student ID (9 digits), not your CSUMB username (4 letters/4 digits)
    • Your employer may use the Employer Payment Authorization template for content.
    • The official authorization letter is to be submitted on company letterhead and signed.
    • This authorization is to be term and year specific and state the maximum amount allowed.

    Note: Students receiving employer paid tuition reimbursements after a class ends, are required to pay fees prior to the payment due date. Students may seek financial aid for fee assistance.

    *CSUMB currently does not accept third party payments from Verizon

    My employer requires a tuition statement for reimbursement of fees

    Please submit your request to your Student Coach, Success Advisor or Program Coordinator.

    Your request is to include the term/year and course # that you would like the Tuition Statement to reflect. The form will be emailed to you and you may submit this form to your employer.

    The form will reflect (Yes or No) if you have successfully completed the course with a grade of B or Better. The form will not list your specific grade.

  • Effective October 2012, Extended Education degree programs have received approval to certify CSUMB students for VA benefits.

    If you are eligible for VA benefits and would like to request VA enrollment certification for your benefits, please send an email with your contact information to Ana Padilla at anpadilla@csumb.edu or call (831) 582-4387.

    Please note:

    • Extended Education Programs are not eligible for some state VA Benefits.
    • Extended Education Academic Credit Certificate programs do not qualify for VA Benefits at this time.

    Debts owed and returned checks

    All Refund Information