The Campus Service Center (CSC) provides forms, information, and front counter support for the offices of Admissions , Registrar, Financial Aid, and Student Cashiering.

The CSC also distributes OtterCards , provides payroll services for university employees and enrollment and degree verification for students.

The CSC is located in the Student Services Building (Building 47) and is open Monday – Friday, 8am–5pm.

Suggestion Box


The OtterCard serves primarily as a student identification card to receive the following services:

  • library card
  • campus shuttle and MST bus pass
  • Otter Sports Center pass
  • key in the residential halls and other buildings on campus
  • discount card at participant retailers

You can load money on your OtterCard and use it as a debit card at:

  • dining facilities on campus
  • campus bookstore

A $10.00 replacement fee is charged for all lost, stolen or damaged cards.

Do not do the following with your card:

  • leave in direct sunlight for example on the dash of a car
  • expose to extreme heat or open flames
  • expose to organic solvents, thinners, mineral spirits
  • machine wash
  • use as an ice scraper or scraping tool
  • crimp, punch holes, bend, or twist card
  • re-laminate
  • immerse in alcohol, Isopropyl, ethanol, methyl etc.
  • bite
  • pound with a pen or tool

Payroll Services

The Campus Service Center provides the following services for university employees:

  • distribution of paychecks and pay stubs
  • receipt and review of payroll paperwork for student assistants

Important Information

  • All paychecks and pay stubs may not be released to an employee without photo identification. Preferably the employee’s staff/faculty/student ID card, a state ID card, or driver’s license.
  • Paychecks and stubs may not be released to any other person other than the employee. However, if an employee would like someone else to pick up their paycheck or stub, they must provide that person with a written and signed note authorizing the pickup.
  • State checks are not mailed out unless a self addressed, stamped envelope is provided by the employee.
  • Corporation checks are held for three days and then mailed out on the fourth day. Pay stubs are mailed by Corporation’s payroll department directly to the employee.

Keys for Buildings on Campus

To request keys for buildings on campus, submit a Service Request through the Facilities online work order request form. All key requests must be approved by the building manager. The Campus Service Center will e-mail you when your key is ready.

Master keys are to be picked up at the lockshop in Bldg. 37, please call to set up your appointment at
(831) 582-3700 ext. 3590.

Only the person to whom the key is issued will be allowed to pick up the key. Identification is required and you will be asked to sign a receipt documentation to confirm that you have received and accepted your key.

Enrollment and Degree Verification

Students can visit the Campus Service Center to receive an enrollment verification for no fee. See the Classes & Planning web site for more details.

Enrollment and degree verification is also available to all students and commercial entities online through the National Student Clearinghouse.

Contact csc

(831) 582-5100

View staff


Student Services