Campus Service Center



Attention CSUMB Staff, Faculty, and current students - You will need to visit the Campus Service Center, located in the Student Services Building (bldg. 47) to get your CSUMB Otter ID card.  The Campus Service Center is open Monday – Friday, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM.  Please be sure to bring a picture ID with you (driver’s license, passport, etc).  Online photo submission is only available to newly admitted students.  Staff & Faculty are not able to upload their photo online, they must visit the CSC.  

Your OtterCard is your student/faculty/staff identification. You can use your OtterCard as a:

  • Library card
  • Campus shuttle and MST bus pass
  • Otter Sports Center pass
  • Key into your residential hall and/or work space

You can load money on your OtterCard and use it as a debit card at:

  • Dining facilities on campus
  • Campus bookstore

A $10.00 replacement fee is charged for all lost, stolen or damaged cards whether student, staff, or faculty. This fee is also charged for changing your card's photo or to show an updated name. To replace your card you will need to visit the Campus Service Center in person during business hours.

Do not do the following with your card:

  • Leave in direct sunlight for example on the dash of a car
  • Expose to extreme heat or open flames
  • Expose to organic solvents, thinners, mineral spirits
  • Machine wash
  • Use as an ice scraper or scraping tool
  • Crimp, punch holes, bend, or twist card
  • Re-laminate
  • Immerse in alcohol, Isopropyl, ethanol, methyl etc.
  • Bite
  • Pound with a pen or tool

Troubleshooting your OtterCard

If your card doesn't work at a dining facility it could be one of two things. Either your meal plan isn't loaded properly or there is physical damage to your mag stripe. If there is physical damage to your mag stripe please visit the Campus Service Center. If there is no visible damage to your card the meal plan may not be loaded properly. If you have a commuter meal plan please visit the Campus Service Center. If you have a housing meal plan please visit the Student Housing & Residential Life office.

If your card doesn't beep at a card reader outside of a door there is an issue with the card and please visit the Campus Service Center .  If you are a staff/faculty member and your card does beep but it doesn't unlock the building you should have access visit the Campus Service Center.

Any other card concerns can be addressed to

Lost OtterCard

The easiest way to report a lost or stolen card is to call the Campus Service Center at (831) 582-5100 or email to  between the hours of 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM. Please include your name, your student ID number, and the date and time when you noticed that your card was missing. There is a replacement fee for lost or stolen cards.