Recruitment and Staffing
University Personnel is committed to the recruitment of a highly qualified and diverse staff and faculty. The recruitment process at CSUMB incorporates all federal and state regulations, CSU collective bargaining agreements, CSU system policies, and university policies. Services are also provided to assist managers in meeting their short-term or emergency staffing needs. For assistance, please contact University Personnel at ext. 3389.
For information on faculty and staff recruitments or non-recruited positions, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
Talent Selection Committee Training Offered
To ensure that our talent selection committees (formerly, recruitment/hiring committees) for staff and MPP recruitments are well trained in the campus’ recruiting, selecting and hiring processes, University Personnel and the Office of Inclusive Excellence have developed a one-hour training workshop. This training is required every two (2) years for any employees serving on a talent selection committee. The workshop will cover best practices for nonbiased, inclusive recruitment, screening and interviewing strategies.
Follow these steps to sign up:
- Log into CMS
- Click on Self Service
- Click on Learning and Development
- Click on Request Training Enrollment
- Click on Search by Course Number
- Enter "000458"
- Click on View Available Sessions
- Click on any course session with open seats (There are currently six sessions)
- Click on Continue
- Click on Submit - This will submit your training request and sign you up for the time and date of the session you selected.