Classes and Planning

Incomplete grades

In certain circumstances, you may ask your instructor to assign you an "incomplete" grade. You and your instructor will complete an Incomplete Contract that outlines how you will complete the requirements for the class in a given timeframe (the timeframe cannot be longer than one year).

An extension of the one-year time limit may be granted by the faculty member for contingencies such as intervening military service or other serious and compelling reasons. Faculty members approving an extension shall submit an Incomplete Extension request form (available in the departments) to the Office of the Registrar.

Students may not re-enroll in a class in which a grade of "I" (Incomplete) is currently assigned.

The grade "I" will automatically be converted to "IC" if the instructor does not submit a grade change for the class in question before the 1-year time limit is reached, or there is no approved extension of the time frame for the Incomplete grade.

More information about incomplete grades can be found in the Enrollment and Registration Policy.