ALCP x FILM
Summer Session: July 3 - 28, 2023
Enhance your English and make a short film in California!
The American Language and Culture program (ALCP) is partnering with the Cinematic Arts and Technology department to provide a unique summer experience for students to enhance their English and filmmaking skills in California.
The program is open to any students 15 years old or older.
Monday - Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Morning English class
- Afternoon Film class
The 4 week English and filmmaking program includes:
- English courses
- Film workshops
- Course materials
- Film screening festival
- Lunch on the weekdays
- Homestay with local host families
Program cost includes tuition, fees, and lunch on the weekdays: $1,999.
Homestay with American family which includes two meals/day is approximately $1,200 for the program duration.
How to apply
Step 1: Register for a CSUMB Horizons account
- Create a personal account on CSUMB Horizons application system and submit your registration.
Step 2: Complete application form
- Select "ALCP - ESL Program (Study English)" and "Apply for Summer 2023”
- Under Program Selection, select "ALCP X FILM" as the ALCP Term
- Complete the application and upload all required documents
Upload all required documents to Horizons:
- Scanned passport photo page
- Bank statement & Financial affidavit
Contact ALCP Coordinator
Phone: +1 (831) 582-4778
Email: Send an email
Building: Gavilan Hall (Bldg 201), Annex
Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.