Nawaloka College of Higher Studies Partnership
California State University, Monterey Bay is proud to partner with the Nawaloka College of Higher Studies to prepare the leaders of tomorrow by providing a unique educational experience in Colombo and Monterey Bay. Students pursuing this pathway program can easily transfer to California State University, Monterey Bay to earn a Bachelor’s degree in the field of their choosing.
Successful completion of the Transfer Pathway program with at least a 2.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) will qualify students for admission to CSUMB.
Students who pass the English Composition course (transfers as CSUMB A2) will meet English Proficiency requirements for admission to CSUMB.
Below is a list of courses available from NCHS which meet transfer requirements to CSUMB. Courses can be taken in any order. Students must complete one course in each of the General Education areas in order to complete that requirement. Some courses can also be transferred as electives or major requirements.
Students must complete one course in each of the General Education areas in order to complete that requirement.
A1 – ORAL COMMUNICATION
- COMM 3 Fundamentals of Public Communication
- COMM 7 Persuasion
A2 – WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- ENGL 10 English Composition
A3 – CRITICAL THINKING & ETHICS
- PHIL 25 Methods of Reasoning
B1 – PHYSICAL SCIENCE
- GEO1000 – Introduction to Geography
B2/B3 – LIFE SCIENCE & LABORATORY PRACTICES
- EES 1 Natural Resources & Earth's Resources
B4 – MATHEMATICS
- MATH 45 What is Mathematics?
C1 – ARTS
- MUS 9 Introduction to Music
- ART H 11 Art History – The Modern World
- LING 10 Introduction to Language
C2 – HUMANITIES
- ENGL 20 Introduction to Literature
- HUM 11 Humanities
D1 – SOCIAL SCIENCES
- HIST 12 U.S. History Since 1865 to Present
- GEOG 2 Introduction to Cultural Geography
- SOC 1 Introduction to Sociology
- ECON 40 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 50 Principles of Macroeconomics
D2 – U.S. HISTORIES & DEMOCRATIC PARTICIPATION
- PLSI 2 American Government & Institutions
E – HEALTH AND WELL BEING
- CFS 38 Lifespan Development
- CSCI 5 Computer and Applications
- CSCI 30 Introduction to the Internet
- LING 6 College Reading and Writing
Additional courses taken at NCHS may transfer to CSUMB and will be evaluated at the time of admission.