Kanda Institute of Foreign Languages
California State University, Monterey Bay is proud to partner with the Kanda Institute of Foreign Languages to prepare the leaders of tomorrow by providing a unique educational experience in Tokyo and Monterey Bay.
Students pursuing this pathway program can easily transfer to California State University, Monterey Bay to earn a Bachelor’s degree in the field of their choosing.
Must carry a minimum 2.0 GPA on university credits (on a 4.0 scale) and a cumulative 2.4 GPA from high school.
Satisfied by any of the following:
- Passing the English Composition course
- TOEFL iBT score of 61, or paper-based score of 500
- IELTS score of 5.5
- PTE score of 45
Below is a list of courses available from the Kanda Institute of Foreign Languages which meet transfer requirements to CSUMB. Courses can be taken in any order.
Students must complete one course in each of the General Education areas in order to complete that requirement.
Some courses can also be transferred as electives or major requirements.
A1 – ORAL COMMUNICATION
- COMM 3 Fundamentals of Public Communication
- COMM 7 Persuasion
A2 – WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- ENGL 10 English Composition
A3 – CRITICAL THINKING AND ETHICS
- PHIL 25 Methods of Reasoning
B1 – PHYSICAL SCIENCE
- EES 1 Natural Resources & Earth's Resources
B2 – LIFE SCIENCE / B3 – LAB
- BIOL 10 Life Science / Lab
B4 – MATHEMATICS
- MATH 45 What is Mathematics?
C1 – ARTS
- ART 20 Drawing
- ART H 11 Art History – The Modern World
C2 – HUMANITIES
- ENGL 20 Introduction to Literature
- HUM 11 Humanities
- LING 10 Introduction to Language
- SPAN 1A Elementary Spanish
D – SOCIAL SCIENCES
- ECON 40 Principles of Microeconomics
- GEOG 2 Intro to Cultural Geography
- ECO 2023 Principles of Microeconomics
- HIST 11 U.S. History 1607 – 1865
- HIST 12 U.S. History since 1865 to Present
- PLSI 2 American Government & Institutions
- SOC 1 Introduction to Sociology
E – LIFELONG LEARNING & SELF-DEVELOPMENT
- CFS 38 Lifespan Development
- CSCI 5 Computer and Applications
- CSCI 30 Introduction to the Internet
- LING 6 College Reading and Writing
Additional courses taken at Kanda Institute of Foreign Languages may transfer to CSUMB and will be evaluated at the time of admission.