How to apply
- Complete the CSU application for Cal State Monterey Bay. Go to calstate.edu/apply to apply online. Check "Yes" in the EOP section asking if you wish to apply for EOP. Complete all the necessary supplemental information.
- After submitting the CSUMB Admission application, you will be directed to a link to complete the EOP application online.
- You will be asked to provide the names and e-mail addresses of two teachers or counselors who can recommend you for EOP. They will be sent the recommendation questions by e-mail and can submit their answers online.
IMPORTANT: Your EOP application will not be considered complete until your EOP application and Letters of Recommendation are submitted online.
Entering CSUMB in Fall
Priority deadline is November 30th, which includes all letters of recommendation. Students that submit a completed application by the priority deadline and qualify for EOP will get priority consideration for the program. All EOP applications to CSUMB must be submitted by January 15th to be considered for Fall admission. All letters of recommendation must be submitted no later than January 31st.
Entering CSUMB in Spring
EOP Application is due by August 31st. The two letters of recommendation are due by September 19th.
Low-income, disadvantaged students who need admission assistance and support services to succeed in college should apply to EOP. Students must demonstrate academic potential and motivation to succeed, must be California residents, and must be approved by the EOP selection committee based on educational background and the EOP income criteria.
EOP applicants should meet the low-income guidelines listed below and demonstrate that their family is unable to provide an annual contribution of more than $1500 toward their college expenses. Applicants whose total family income exceeds the guidelines may be considered if their parent's contribution does not exceed $1500. These guidelines are not intended to exclude disadvantaged students but to identify and give priority to the most financially needy applicants.
Dream Act students
AB 540 students may also apply to EOP programs as long as they are either low-income and/or first-generation college students.
2023-2024 EOP family income guidelines
These guidelines are based on the formulas used to determine the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) for federal student financial need.
|Family size||Maximum income|
|Family size||Maximum income|
|1 (single, no dependents)||$17,775|
|2 (married, no dependents other than spouse)||$31,550|
|2 (with dependents other than spouse)||$53,750|
Once your EOP file is complete, it will undergo a holistic review process. The review process includes assessing factors as disadvantaged background, financial need, academic performance, motivation, and potential for success in college. Be sure to thoroughly complete all the autobiographical sections in the application which helps us understand your academic preparation and motivation.
- A limit of one appeal per academic term. Decisions rendered are final and non-negotiable.
- Must be received no later than 15 days from date of EOP Admissions decision notification.
Appeal packets should include:
- Letter of appeal
- Documentation to support your appeal (e.g., copy of taxes, unofficial transcript, etc.). All appeal requests must include additional information that was not provided on the EOP application. You must provide any documents that support the additional information you would like to be taken into consideration for your appeal.
Submit the appeal packet in person to Student Services Building (Bldg 47), fax, email, or by mail to:
- California State University, Monterey Bay
- Office of EOP Admissions, Bldg. 47
- RE: EOP Admissions Appeal
- 100 Campus Center
- Seaside, CA 93955-8001
In preparing your appeal, please understand the following:
- Additional letters of recommendation will not be considered.
- Appeal letters must be submitted by the applicant.
- Appeal letters written by anyone other than the applicant will not be considered.
Any questions about the appeals process should be directed to the EOP Admissions office at (831) 582-4153.
Appeals decision notification
You will be notified within 3 weeks of receipt of appeal. Students submitting appeals will be notified of the final appeal decision via email and we advise you not to change your existing college options or other educational pursuits while waiting for the appeal decision.
EOP students who qualify for financial aid may be eligible to receive an EOP grant. To be considered, you must apply for financial aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Apply as soon as possible after October 1st of the preceding school year, and before the CSU financial aid priority filing date of March 2nd of the preceding school year.