EOP COVID-19 Message
Due to the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) has transitioned to a remote/virtual delivery of its support services. We will not be offering in-person services until further notice. Potential EOP students are encouraged to email our EOP Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Current EOP students are encouraged to email your EOP Retention Advisor for immediate assistance.
What is EOP?
California State University Monterey Bay's Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) is designed to improve the access and retention of low-income and first-generation college students.
EOP applicants must be motivated to succeed and have the potential to perform satisfactorily at CSU, Monterey Bay, but may not have been previously able to realize their potential because of their economic or educational background. California residents and students who qualify for an AB540 nonresident tuition exemption are eligible to apply for EOP.
How does EOP help you achieve success?
- ACCESS opportunities for historically underserved students (low income, first-generation) by making higher education a possibility for prospective students with the potential for academic excellence.
- ADVOCACY and education to address the needs of EOP students.
- TRANSITIONAL EXPERIENCE that will empower students to better manage and navigate the college experience.
- SUPPORT SERVICES to facilitate student success.
- EOP GRANTS to eligible students who should also receive the highest priority for financial aid resources available from the institution.