The Center for Student Success (CSS) is part of the larger office of the Center for Advising, Career and Student Success. CSS collaborates across departments to help build an effective and comprehensive student support infrastructure on campus. Students can elect to set up an individual appointment with our success advisors or attend one of our workshops!
Your Student Success Advisor can help you navigate your college experience and help you improve your skills relating to:
- time management
- helping you get more involved on campus
- approaching professors
- reducing test anxiety and stress
- improving note-taking
- goal setting and MORE!
The fastest, most convenient way for you to schedule an appointment is through your CSUMB dashboard through the "advising" shortcut. Please see the video below for a quick tutorial!
For appointment types, please choose:
- Academic Coaching: to learn success strategies like goal-setting, time management, study strategies, getting involved on campus, connecting to resources, etc.
- Back on Track Initial or Follow-up: for students on academic probation
- Other / Student Success Check-in: for all other reasons to see us!
The Center for Student Success (CSS), as part of the commitment to educate and empower all students, upholds the respect and dignity of the diverse communities in and around CSUMB.
The CSS is committed to serving the diverse people of California, especially the working class and low income populations; meeting the needs of communities in the immediate Tri-county region; and upholding the principles of multilingual, multicultural, and gender equitable learning.
The Center for Student Success is committed to the academic, personal, and social success of all students.
- Improve their knowledge of campus resources.
- Be more willing to use campus resources.
- Have a greater understanding of their academic strengths and challenges.
- Achieve academic and personal goals that contribute towards their academic and personal success.