Online Photo Submissions
Current students, Staff, & Faculty must visit the Campus Service Center to get their CSUMB Otter ID Card. Only newly admitted students have access to upload photos online.
The information below is for new Spring 2022 students only
New Students must submit their OtterCard photo online.
Once you have paid your Enrollment Confirmation, check your personal email account for an email giving you access to our photo upload site. From there, you can upload the photo of your choice as your OtterCard photo.
OtterCards will be mailed to the Permanent Address on file. Verify your Permanent Address in OASIS to ensure you receive your OtterCard.
Be sure to review the photo guidelines below!
Photo Submission Guidelines
You can make sure that your photo is approved by following these guidelines:
- Think drivers license or passport photo.
- Your eyes and face should be clearly visible.
- No other objects or people in the photo.
- Your entire face/head is visible in the photo.
- In front of a solid background.
- No social media filters of any kind.
- Why was my photo rejected?
- It was most likely rejected due to not meeting the submission guidelines. Standards for acceptable photos are strict as OtterCards are official state-issued ID cards.
- I never got the email with the access link, what do I do?
- Check your spam or junk folder. If you can't find it or it was deleted, email email@example.com to request another email.
- How can I get my OtterCard?
- Because of the current health pandemic, we are going to mail your OtterCards to you. Your ID cards will be sent to the permanent address in your OASIS account.
- I missed the deadline, can I still submit a photo?
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request that the link be sent to you.
- I picked up my ID at Orientation, but I lost/broke it! How do I get a new one?
- You can get a replacement OtterCard at the Campus Service Center. Be aware that there is a $10 materials fee to replace your card.
- I'm a current student, can I still upload a photo?
- No. Please visit the Campus Service Center to get your CSUMB Otter ID card.