The OtterCard serves primarily as a student identification card to receive the following services:
- Library card
- Campus shuttle and MST bus pass
- Otter Sports Center pass
- Key into the residential halls and other buildings on campus
- Discount card at participant retailers
You can load money on your OtterCard and use it as a debit card at:
- Dining facilities on campus
- Campus bookstore
A $10.00 replacement fee is charged for all lost, stolen or damaged cards. To replace your card you will need to visit the Campus Service Center in person during business hours.
Do not do the following with your card:
- Leave in direct sunlight for example on the dash of a car
- Expose to extreme heat or open flames
- Expose to organic solvents, thinners, mineral spirits
- Machine wash
- Use as an ice scraper or scraping tool
- Crimp, punch holes, bend, or twist card
- Immerse in alcohol, Isopropyl, ethanol, methyl etc.
- Pound with a pen or tool
Trouble shooting your Ottercard
If your card doesn't work at a dining facility it could be one of two things. Either your meal plan isn't loaded properly or there is physical damage to your mag stripe. If there is physical damage to your mag stripe please visit the Campus Service Center. If there is no visible damage to your card the meal plan may not be loaded properly. If you have a commuter meal plan please visit the Campus Service Center. If you have a housing meal plan please visit the Student Housing & Residential Life office.
If your card doesn't beep at a card reader outside of a door there is an issue with the card and please visit the Campus Service Center. If you live in student housing and your card beeps but doesn't unlock the building you live in please visit the Student Housing & Residential Life office. If you are a staff/faculty member and your card does beep but it doesn't unlock the building you should have access visit the Campus Service Center.