Second Year Experience explores students' unique identities by developing goals and values that support their interests. Through SYE events and peer mentoring, students can connect, find resources, and develop skills to support future careers.
- Students will make connections between their majors, careers, and engage in professional development activities.
- Students will explore and plan for educational opportunities such as education abroad, research opportunities, internships, etc.
- Students will have opportunities to explore their unique identities.
- Students will learn mindfulness techniques to help reduce stress, increase focus, and improve well-being.
- Peer mentors from the SYE program will support their peers to increase retention and degree completion goals.
- Active engagement
- Equity and diversity
- Academic success and development
- Personal development and success