Open swim hours:
Monday to Friday, 3-6 p.m.
Saturday, 12:30-4:30 p.m.
The Aquatics Center is free to all currently-enrolled students. All patrons will be allotted 30 minutes of pool time during Open Swim hours on a first-come, first-served basis.
Know before you go
- Every patron to enter the facility must fill out the Aquatics Center COVID-19 Symptoms Screening/Waiver Form.
- Masks are required for all patrons at all times until entry into the water.
- There is a limit of two patrons per lane at open swim. When checking in at the facility, a lifeguard will assign you a lane and direct you to enter either at the north or south end of the pool. When swimming, you may only stop and rest on your assigned side of the pool.
- There will be a limit of five guests allowed in the locker room at a time. We ask that if you use the locker room facilities, quickly change and exit the locker room immediately when finished.
- Locker rentals will cost a fee for students and are free to faculty and staff who are members of the Aquatics Center. To request a locker, please fill out the Locker Request Form.
Faculty and staff:
- CSUMB faculty and staff wanting to use the facilities must fill out a payroll deduction. Please print one of the forms below and give it to a lifeguard to become a member.
- State Employee Payroll Deduction_Aquatics
- UCorp Employee Payroll Deduction
Be advised that current protocols are subject to change at any time to comply with state and county orders or regulations and university requirements. All members of the campus community are expected to fully comply with the protocols and guidelines outlined in this section to ensure the well-being of our campus community.
We are hiring! Contact Morgan Tucker with your resume and current lifeguard certification for more information about becoming a CSUMB lifeguard.
Permits are required 24/7.
- Location: Adjacent to the CSUMB soccer fields at the intersection of Second Avenue and Divarty.
- Outdoor: Heated 25 meter by 25 yard eight-lane swimming pool. Lanes are set up for 25 meter lap swim.
- Depth: 3 1/2 feet deep at the shallowest and 13 feet at the deepest section.
- Lights: Surrounded by an ample deck area, with lighting for early morning and evening activities.
- Aquatic chair lift
- Mural: The East wall of the pool office features an underwater mural painted by former water polo player Margo Mullen
- Locker rooms: Men's and women's locker rooms provide daily-use lockers and a shower area.