Information for CEU Event Organizers
Thank you for partnering with CSU Monterey Bay to offer your students continuing education units (CEUs) for your workshop or other educational event. The following information will help us to evaluate your course and qualify your event for continuing education units (CEUs). Our goal is to make this process as easy for you as possible so all information is available online for both you and your students. Events are qualified by the number of teaching hours excluding breaks, lunches and travel time.
- 10 hours = 1.0 CEU
- CEU hours are rounded down: 12.5 hours = 1.2 CEUs; 7.5 hours = 0.7 CEUs, etc.
- Download and complete the CEU Application Form.
- Provide the daily course agenda with dates/times and short description of the activity. This is needed to qualify the number of clock hours;
- Provide an event flyer or equivalent if not included in the course agenda;
- Email the completed CEU Application(s) with agenda and event flyer, a to KSellick@csumb.edu; OR
- Mail all documents to CSUMB-EE, 100 Campus Center, Gavilan Hall (b.201), Suite 209, Seaside, CA 93955.
Extended Education Staff will:
- Review Application and attachments.
- Qualify the event with the allowable hours and CEUs.
- Notify the Event Coordinator with course number, grading information, student registration and payment instructions using the Extended Education Student Portal .
- Students must register for/purchase CEUs online using the Extended Education Student Portal.
- Official Transcripts are not automatically mailed when CEUs are purchased; they must be requested online: Official Program Development Transcripts
- Instructors/event coordinator provides Extended Education with student completion (credit/no-credit) status to document attendance and eligibility for CEUs.
- Unofficial Transcripts are released to the student accounts within 10 days of grading.
- Official Program Development Transcripts may be requested by the student from the CSUMB Professional Development Program website by completing a Request for Transcript form.