Skip to content

Take a class at a UC or community college

What is cross enrollment?

This program allows students to take one class at either a community college or a UC while taking all the other classes (minimum of 6 units) at CSUMB.

How to qualify

You are eligible to cross enroll if you have met all of the following requirements:

  • you are a California resident.
  • you have completed at least one regular term at your home campus as a properly enrolled (matriculated) student. Your home campus is where you normally are enrolled.
  • you have paid appropriate enrollment fees at your home campus for the current term.
  • you are enrolled at your home campus for a minimum of six units for the current term.
  • you have earned a grade point average of 2.0 (C Average) for college work completed.
  • you have completed appropriate academic preparation for the course you intend to take as determined by the host campus. The host campus is where you will take the additional class.

How to apply

Complete and submit the application for cross enrollment to the Office of the Registrar.

Application for cross enrollment
Download document

Enrollment conditions

Approval of cross enrollment is valid for only the term specified and is subject to space availability, deadline, registration procedures and priorities of the host campus. You must re-apply for each term you wish to cross enroll.

You will not be charged additional course enrollment fees. However, host campuses may charge a $10.00 administration fee for each term, and you will have to pay any additional fees required of other students such as lab, materials, computer use, etc...

Records of credit earned through cross enrollment are maintained at the host campus. You can request transcripts to be sent to your home campus to ensure course credit, for financial aid purpose, etc. Please follow the host campus' instructions for ordering transcripts.

The program is limited to baccalaureate courses.

Financial aid is available only through your home campus.

Participation in host campus student activities and use of campus facilities is subject to any limits set by host campus. Health services at the host campus are limited to emergencies.

You are responsible for host campus parking fees and regulations.

If you drop the host campus class, you must follow the drop procedures for that campus.

For CC or UC students who want to take a class at CSUMB

Students who are enrolled at local participating California Community College campuses or participating University of California college systems may enroll in one class per semester, on a space available basis, for a $10 processing fee.

Students should contact the registrar at their home campus for the appropriate forms and further information.

Classes & Planning

(831) 582-5100