About Information Technology
Cal State Tech Connect - Campus Champions
As the campus had to quickly pivot from a 100% on-campus workforce to a 100% remote workforce, Network Services performed several significant changes to enable our campus to continue to operate:
- Reconfigured VPN for users to facilitate secure access to campus information resources.
- Accelerated Student MFA rollout. CSUMB now has 100% of its users on MFA.
- Swept our East Campus cable plant to ensure the Cable Modem Transport System could handle the increased traffic.
- Evaluated, selected, and began implementation of Call Center in the Cloud for key campus service points.
Technology Support Services
In the rapidly changing landscape of desktop support in the world of COVID-19, Technology Support Services was able to transition to an almost 100% remote support model.
- Enhanced end-user self-installation of many software titles.
- Converted campus physical computer labs into virtual labs to enable student access to specialized hardware and software.
- Developed hardware distribution protocols for zero contact laptop deployments to faculty and staff.
- Acquired 1000 new laptops and 500 monitors for faculty and staff to enhance productivity and instructional delivery.
Center for Academic Technology & Teaching, Learning & Assessment
In March of 2020 the Center for Academic Technologies, Teaching Learning and Assessment, and Interim Associate Vice President for Academic Planning and Institutional Effectiveness leveraged their existing relationship to prepare faculty to teach in a virtual environment. The group met daily for the next three months to develop guidance, resources, and coordinate support for 500 faculty teaching 1890 courses including:
- Development of a teaching continuity page with planning documents and resources.
- Creation of a Summer institute with over 300 participants and 30 faculty mentors.
- Coordinated with Student Disability and Accessibility Center (SDAC) to live caption over 100 hours of Zoom sessions.
- Trained and supported faculty in the use of the Zoom video conferencing tool.
- Deployed a second learning management system for faculty developing new courses.
- Deployed new tools such as video quizzing, and media management.