GetVirtual at Cal State Monterey Bay
Serving Monterey and San Benito Counties
The GetVirtual project helps businesses caught in the COVID-19 emergency to build their online presence and capabilities. Students working with the project assess the needs of applying businesses and create websites, social media, and other tools for the businesses to build their businesses in the virtual world. The service is free to client businesses and is aimed at businesses that lack the knowledge and resources to do the work themselves or hire an agency to do the work.
What We Do:
We partner with local/community businesses to provide basic off-the-shelf software implementation. We don’t provide custom development or programming, but we do provide:
- Website development or redesign with Wix or Squarespace, combined with research and “web plug-in” deployment to extend site capabilities
- E-Commerce with Shopify, Stripe, Square combined with delivery services
- Online marketing: SEO, SEM, email, and social media campaigns
- We train the business to maintain and nurture their new online platform
- Our services are free, but clients pick up the software and other hard costs
CSUMB students interested in volunteering
The iiED is looking for CSU students interested in supporting local small businesses and entrepreneurs through the creation of an online presence. Please follow this link to tell us more about yourself. We will follow up directly.
Small Businesses requesting assistance
The iiED is providing support for small businesses who lack an online website, or whose current site is dated. The iiED will connect you with a team of students to create a website to support your e-commerce needs.