Start a Club or Organization
Each year, every club is required to follow the registration process in order to receive the benefits of being an official club.
To be recognized as a CSUMB student club or organization, you will go through a simple recognition process that helps to ensure groups are aware of their responsibilities and privileges. This is so that each group may operate as independently as they desire and receive as much assistance as they need.
Navigate the tabs on the left side of the screen to be sure to get all the information you'll need.
This registration process occurs during the months of November and April (one time per semester), although Student Engagement & Leadership Development encourages student involvement year-round! Please see the reactivation section of the Student Organization Handbook for more information about the registration requirements.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in starting a club.
• Free room reservations for your meetings.
• Many free venues for your club events including but not limited to the University Center, Meeting House, Dance Studio, Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library, Heron Hall, and the Student Center.
• Publicity via Master Calendar and some may be featured in the weekly email newsletter: Otter Be Involved.
• Financial account is setup and maintained for you by Student Activities & Leadership Development.
• Event planning support and training's. This includes chair, table, technology, and other rentals as needed—on a first come, first serve basis.
• Access to student fee money as well as club funds automatically deposited to your club account.
• Training's vital for the success of your organization sponsored by Student Activities & Leadership Development.
• Otter Showcase tabling opportunity in order to recruit new members.
For more information, stop by Student Activities & Leadership Development located in the Student Center on the main quad. The professional staff in Student Activities & Leadership Development is dedicated to assisting all clubs in their efforts.
Inter Clubs Council Advisor: Dan Burfeind - email@example.com
Sports Club Council Advisor: Timothy Collins - firstname.lastname@example.org
Multicultural Greek Council
Multicultural Geek Council Advisor: Laken Moreno - email@example.com
Setting up a meeting in Google Calender
To set up a meeting with your council advisor, please submit a calendar invitation using Google Calendar. To view your council advisor’s calendar, login to your CSUMB Dashboard with your CSUMB username, and click, “calendar.” This will open your CSUMB Google Calendar. To search for your advisor, simply type their name or email in the “Add a coworker's calendar” search bar on the left of the calendar. There you should be able to view their availability and select a time within business hours (8am-5pm) that works for your schedule.
Should you have trouble sending a calendar invitation, you can always feel free to email them directly, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you register a group, you will need to determine which council your proposed group fits best. See below for a description of each council.
Inter-Club Council clubs provide CSUMB students an opportunity to enrich their university experience through participation in many different types of clubs.
- Special Interest
Greek Life at CSUMB is represented by Multicultural Greek Council (MGC). Greek Life is a wonderful way to get involved at Cal State Monterey Bay, create lifelong relationships, give back to our community, and develop leadership skills.
Sport Clubs Council provide CSUMB students an opportunity to enrich their university experience through participation in competitive, recreational, and instructional sports clubs.