- Original CSU Instructional Materials Accessibility Planning page (timeline, reporting, FAQ's, tools and resources)
- Per ATI guidance, the CSUMB instructional materials accessibility plan should be evaluated and revised as needed on a yearly basis or as warranted.
The guiding principles for CSUMB Instructional Materials Accessibility are:
- Accommodation: for students and faculty through the services of Student Disability Resources (SDR), the Center for Academic Technologies (CAT), and actions by faculty and staff; third-party tools will also be procured and enhanced as they become available.
- Proactive: professional development and support through the CSU, SDR, CAT, and TLA
- Inclusiveness: shared responsibilities and benefits for students, faculty, administration, and external publishers
- Accountability: action, transparency
Identify issues and challenges related to instructional materials.
Develop a workflow which fits within the timeline as specified in EO 926 which addresses:
- Faculty workload
- Faculty professional development and support
- Academic freedom
- Timely identification of instructional materials
- Evaluation and retrofit of instructional materials
- Develop the process for new course 508 compliance
Monitor developments in assistive technology standards, tools, and systems as they related to our web-enabled programs and services.
Coordinate presentations and events to facilitate the exchange of knowledge about projects and planned developments as they relate to the Web and assistive technology services.