AS offers scholarships throughout the school year!
The purpose of the Associated Students (AS) Capstone Grant is to assist Undergraduate CSUMB students with their Capstone projects in specified fields of study by reimbursing a portion of their capstone expenses. An eligible recipient can be awarded up to a maximum of $300 reimbursement for qualifying expenses (additional funding may be awarded if Capstone Grant budget allows, at the discretion of the Committee of the Colleges).
- Must be a currently enrolled student at CSUMB in good standing
- 2.0 grade point average (GPA) and must not be on probation of any kind
- Must be enrolled in a capstone course for the Spring 2018 semester
- Must not have any outstanding balances owed to Associated Students
- Must submit an itemized, Estimated Budget Expense Form
- If awarded, original, itemized receipts must be submitted
Grant funds must be used for purposes that align with the CSUMB vision statement or the mission statement of Associated Students. Funds cannot be used for projects that are unrelated to these statements. Grant funds cannot be used to purchase or support any drugs, alcohol, illegal substances, or activities. The grant funds cannot be used to purchase electrical equipment, software, clothing, capital equipment, food, or to reimburse previous travel expenses related to the capstone project. Students associated with or employed by Associated Students are not eligible to be awarded the AS Capstone Grant.
A student who has already received a capstone scholarship from the Alumni Association is not eligible to receive the AS Capstone Grant.
The AS Committee of the Colleges shall include seven (7) voting members including the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (CAHSS) Senator, College of Business Senator, College of Education Senator, College of Health Sciences and Human Services (CHSHS) Senator, College of Science Senator, Senator for Undeclared Students, and the AS Vice President of University Affairs.
All documents must be fully completed and submitted online by Friday, March 30th, 2018 to be considered as a priority application *. All applications must be submitted no later than the final deadline on Friday, April 6th, 2018 to be considered for capstone reimbursement.
* Priority deadline applicants will receive first consideration.
- Associated Students Capstone Grant Application Form
- One-page paper, 500-1000 words, describing your capstone project and how this grant will help pay for the expense
- Itemized Estimated Budget Expense Form
- Unofficial Transcript
- Completed Faculty Sign-Off form signed by one capstone professor or faculty member familiar with your capstone project
|Tuesday, February 20th, 2018||Capstone Grant application opens!|
|Friday, March 30th, 2018||Priority deadline|
|Friday, April 6th, 2018||Final deadline|
|Friday, April 20th, 2018||Capstone Grant recipients contacted|
|TBD||Submit supplemental receipts/documents to AS professional staff|