The purpose of the Associated Students (AS) Capstone Grant is to assist full-time CSUMB students with their Capstone projects in specified fields of study by reimbursing a portion of their capstone expenses. An eligible recipient can be awarded up to $300 reimbursement for qualifying expenses (additional funding may be awarded if Capstone Grant budget allows, at the discretion of the Committee of the Colleges).
- Must be a currently enrolled student at CSUMB in good standing.
- At least a 2.5 cumulative CSUMB grade point average (GPA) and must not be on probation of any kind.
- Must be enrolled in a capstone course for the Spring 2019 semester and reflected as a full-time student in unofficial transcript (12 units for undergraduate students, 6 units for graduate students).
- Must not have any outstanding balances owed to Associated Students.
- Must have attended at least one semester at CSUMB.
- Must submit an itemized, Estimated Budget Expense form.
- If awarded, original, itemized receipts must be submitted.
Grant funds must be used for purposes that align with the CSUMB vision statement or the mission statement of Associated Students. Funds cannot be used for projects that are unrelated to these statements. Grant funds cannot be used to purchase or support any drugs, alcohol, illegal substances, or activities. The grant funds can only be utilized for materials required for the project itself. The funds also will not be used to pay those that are or would be classified as independent contractors or guest speakers. Certain restrictions do apply, such as travel expenses related to the capstone project. Students associated with or employed by Associated Students are not eligible to be awarded the AS Capstone Grant.
*A student who has already received a capstone scholarship from the Alumni Association is not eligible to receive the AS Capstone Grant.*
For more clarification, please contact Antonio Hernandez.
The AS Committee of the Colleges shall include seven (7) voting members including the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (CAHSS) Senator, College of Business Senator, College of Education Senator, College of Health Sciences and Human Services (CHSHS) Senator, College of Science Senator, Senator for Undeclared Students, and the AS Vice President of University Affairs.
Applications are available in the front desk of the Student Center and in the AS Offices, Room 125 and Room 109 of the Student Center. All documents must be fully completed and submitted to Lauren Patron in the Student Center, Room 109 by Friday, March 29, 2019 by 5:00pm.
|Monday, February 18, 2019||Applications available.||Front desk of the Student Center or AS Office @ Room 125 or Room 109 or online|
|Friday, March 29, 2019||Final deadline, applications must be submitted before 5:00PM.||Student Center, Room 109|
|Friday, April 5, 2019||Capstone Grant recipients contacted.||Via CSUMB email|
|Friday, April 22, 2019||Last day to submit any supplemental receipts/documents to Lauren Patron by 5:00pm.||Student Center, Room 109|
- AS Capstone Grant application form
- 1-2 page paper (double spaced 12pt font) describing your capstone project and how this grant will help pay for the expense.
- Itemized Estimated Budget expense form
- Unofficial Transcript
- Completed Faculty Sign-Off form signed by one capstone professor or faculty member familiar with your capstone project
|Description of Item||Quantity||Unit Cost||Total|
Write the name of the item you are requesting to
have refunded. You can include the name of the store you will purchase
or have purchased the items from, but you must also include the actual
item name. Be specific; we will not accept category titles, such as "office
supplies" or "art supplies." Break it down into items, such as paper, tape,
Write the number of the items that you will purchase or have
Write the cost of one unit of each item. For example, the cost
of only one copy, or only one box of paper clips.
|Quantity * Cost|
|Final Calculated Total|
I verify the above budget expense form accurately describesthe estimated costs I am seeking reimbursement for. If awarded,I will submit all itemized receipts for each listed item above toLauren Patron-Castro at the Student Center room 109 by thenecessary deadline. If I fail to do so, I understand I will notreceive reimbursement for my capstone project, regardless ofbeing previously identified as a Capstone Grant recipient.
More info coming soon...