The Associated Students elections are an annual event to allow the students of CSUMB to choose their student representatives for the following academic year. Below you will find all documents you need to run in the AS Elections. I highly encourage you to avoid printing any documents besides the petition for candidacy. If you do not have access to a printer, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you a hard copy of the elections packet within 24 hours. As always, you may email me if you have any questions!
- AS President & Elections Chair
- The AS President must have one semester’s experience as an AS officer.
- The Undeclared Senator must have been either undeclared or switched majors at some point in their academic career but is not required to currently be undeclared.
- The college senators must be a member of their respective colleges.
- Job descriptions of available positions are in the AS Bylaws.
- Executive Vice President
- Vice President of External Affairs
- Vice President of University Affairs
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Senator
- College of Business Senator
- College of Education Senator
- College of Health Sciences and Human Services Senator
- College of Science Senator
- Senator for Undeclared Students
- Diversity & Inclusion Senator
- Sustainability Senator
- Basic Needs Senator
|Packets Released||January 22 on the AS Website|
|Packets Due||February 23 at 5pm Online/AS Admin Office, Room 109, Student Center|
|Orientation||Candidates only - March 5 at 6pm in Room 120, Student Center|
|Campaigning Starts||March 6 at 12:01 am, Campus-wide|
|Speeches||March 27 at 5pm, East Lounge, Student Center|
|Debates||April 5 at 6pm, East Lounge, Student Center|
|Elections Days||April 9 at 8am to April 11 at 11:59 pm, online|
|Results Release Party||April 16 at 6pm, West Lounge, Student Center|
- Intent to Run for Office Form
- Candidate’s Letter of Understanding
- Petition for Candidacy
- Faculty/Staff Approval Form
- Slate/Ticket List
Due by April 11, 2018: Elections Candidate/Slate Expense Report
- Elections Violations Form
- Elections Suggestions Form
- Expense Form
Anyone who is passionate about advocacy and making a difference on campus! These positions are great for anyone looking to get involved, regardless of your experience level.
You may read the job descriptions for more information, but generally, officers attend various meetings, hold office hours, represent students, take on special interest projects, and meet with campus administration, amongst other things.
As a senator, you can expect to work anywhere from 8-12 hours per week. As an executive, expect to work about 15-25 hours per week.
These are dependent upon the time of year, current issues, and what extra work you may volunteer to take on.
Yes! All of our positions are compensated fairly via monthly stipends. You may find detailed information on our Code of Compensation.
You do! Don’t forget you have spending limits, outlined in the Code of Elections.
Elections events are mandatory for all candidates running opposed or unopposed. If you cannot attend an event, email Lauren McClain at email@example.com.
All current CSUMB students vote in elections.
If you have anymore questions, don’t hesitate to email Lauren McClain at firstname.lastname@example.org.