Skip to content
  • CSUMB Home
  • UP

Leave Without Pay

Staff & MPP LWOP

A full-time or regular part-time employee may be granted a full or partial leave of absence without pay for up to one (1) year subject to management approval. Leave Without Pay (LWOP) for six days or more is formally requested in writing by the employee using the Leave of Absence Request form. It is important that the employee contact University Personnel before going on extended LWOP (over 30 days) in order to avoid cancellation of group coverage and other policies. You may take any available vacation as part of an approved period of leave, with approval prior to the start of leave.

Faculty Unit LWOP

Requests for a personal or professional leave of absence without pay must be submitted in writing. The Provost will make the final decision after reviewing the request and recommendations from the Dept/Div/School Chair and College Dean. A faculty unit employee requesting a leave of absence without pay is advised to become fully aware of the conditions of the leave. Please refer to Article 22 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for additional information about eligibility periods and other aspects of leaves of absence without pay.

Request for Formal Leave of Absence

Request, modify, or cancel medical, personal, or professional leaves and leaves without pay

Request for Formal Leave of Absence
Download document

University Personnel

(831) 582-3389
Tide Hall