TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) and SSS STEM-Health Sciences are federally funded programs through the U.S. Department of Education which aim to support and empower first generation, low income students and students with disabilities in their academic, personal, and professional growth.
SSS students must meet one of the following qualifications:
- First generation student (parents do not have a bachelor's degree)
- Low income (no more than 150% above the federal poverty level)
- Have a documented disability
Not sure if you qualify? Contact us!
- Advising and Peer Mentoring
- Cultural Enrichment Events
- Career Exploration
- Financial and Economic Literacy
- Grad School Exploration
- Internship/Research Opportunities
- And more!
- 96% of TRIO students are in good academic standing
- 97% of TRIO students are still enrolled and working toward their degree
- 81% of TRIO students graduated within 6 years (2012 cohort)
- In Fall 2018, 42% of TRIO students were on the Dean's List
TRIO SSS has helped me more than I can explain. I have traveled, explored the area, gotten to network with so many people, and experienced unbiased and endless support... I would haven't made it without the help of TRIO SSS.