Sports Clubs Administration

Welcome to the Sports Clubs Administration page for the CSUMB Recreation Department.
This is where you can find information for specific requirements regarding Sports Clubs operations.

This includes but is not limited to the following:

  • Driving on University Business (DUB) 
  • Request for Approved Travel (RAT)
  • Travel Expense Claim (TEC)
  • Event Waiver


Driving on University Business

Anyone driving under university business needs to complete the Defensive Driver Training. Drivers only need to conduct the initial training once but will be required to submit confirmation annually.

  1. This process must be completed AT LEAST four (4) weeks prior to the event and/or travel. Please follow the steps outlined below:
  2. Complete the DUB packet below.
  3. Meet with the Sports Clubs Assistant - Josh Mueller ( in Building 12, Rec. Dept. Bring the course certificate, valid driver's license, and DUB paperwork with you to this meeting.
  4. Once this packet is complete and approved you will receive confirmation from Defensive Driving that you are eligible to drive. You are not eligible to drive until you receive the official notification.
  1. Authorization to Use Privately Owned Vehicles on State Business form - STD 261 
  2. Authorization for Release of Driver Record Information form - INF 1101
  3. Driving on CSUMB University Business Registration form - DUB - cover page
  4. Person of Interest from - Volunteer - Person of Interest

Request for Approved Travel (RAT)

  1. Must be submitted into Community, no less than 6 weeks in advance of the travel date.
  2. Approved by the Student Affairs administration (Director of Recreation, Dean of Students, Vice President of Student Affairs).
  3. Reviewed/processed by the Sports Clubs Assistant.
  4. A roster of players and DUB certified drivers provided.
  5. Provide any email(s), offer letter, event program, or other correspondence regarding team attendance or registration.

Travel Expense Claim (TEC)

  1. Lodging, Meals, Tolls, Shuttle, Parking fees are paid by the traveler and eligible for reimbursement after travel. Itemized receipts for all expenses must be turned in.
  2. Meet with the Sports Clubs Assistant to turn in all receipts no more than a week after you return from your trip.
  3. Each member receiving any reimbursement will need to have a Vendor Data Record on file with the Procurement Office in order for the Accounting Dept. to release the payment.

Event Waiver

Contact Sports Clubs

Phone: (831) 582-4617

Email: Send an email

Building: Student Center, East Lounge Rm. 168

Office Hours: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.