Our rock climbing trips take students on a vertical adventure to Pinnacles National Park. Equipment, transportation, and park entry are included in the cost. No experience is necessary and all skill levels are welcome. All of our trips are geared towards whoever attends.
What to bring
- Hiking boots or tennis shoes
- Rain gear (weather dependent)
- Personal snacks
Our climbing trips are perfect for any experience level. There will be a hike to get to the climbing site which will lead through the Bear Gulch Caves. Trails for the hike are all well established with slight elevation gain. Some parts of the cave can be dark so please be prepared with a headlamp or small flashlight. There is a set of several steep stairs at the end of the hike through the cave that can be wet if there is running water. A few parts of the cave hike may also require you to stoop, or even crawl depending on your height.
The climbs themselves are perfect for both beginners and seasoned climbers.
Regardless of your climbing level, you will have the chance to learn how to top rope, boulder, belay, proper climbing technique, indoor climbing etiquette, and you will build your confidence as a climber. These trips are focused on the new climber, but if you do have some experience, you’ll still get in a good workout. Sanctuary Rock Gym has routes for all climbing levels.
All gear will be provided: climbing shoes, harness, belay devices
- Complete the CSUMB and Sanctuary Waivers- linked below
- Transportation Not Provided to and from Sanctuary Climbing and Fitness
- All participants must register for the trip on University Tickets prior to the deadline
- Regardless of membership to SCF or ownership of personal climbing gear, the price remains the same.