Spring 2023 Orientation Information
It is mandatory for new students to complete all portions of the Spring 2023 Orientation. During New Student Otter Orientation, you will:
- Hear about the benefits of being involved in the CSUMB community
- Meet new peers and fellow classmates
- Gain an on-campus connection through your Orientation Leader
- Hear from an Academic Advisor from your major
Spring 2023 Orientation Date
New Student Otter Orientation will take place on Saturday, December 10. Registration opens on MyRaft on October 10 and you can register here. Student orientation groups will be identified by major.
Spring 2023 Orientation Registration
- Confirm your Enrollment and pay the $100 Enrollment Confirmation Fee.
- Your student account will be created 24-48 hours after you have paid the Enrollment Confirmation Fee.
- Login to MyRaft with the CSU Monterey Login button using your CSUMB username and password to register for a New Student Otter Orientation session.
- If you are unable to access MyRaft 48 hours after paying your Enrollment Confirmation Fee, please contact MyRaft for support.
- Pay the guest fee in Cashnet for any registered guests.
Only students who have confirmed their intent to enroll at CSUMB and have paid their enrollment confirmation fee will be able to login and register. It will take 24-48 hours for your information to be added to the MyRaft system for you to be able to register for an orientation session. If you haven't confirmed yet and would like to, contact the Admissions Office.
Our orientation experience will also incorporate sessions for supporters of students including staff and student panels, informational sessions, tours, and Q&As.
Guests need to be registered by their student to attend an orientation session and pay a guest fee of $40 per person. Payment of the guest fee is required prior to your orientation date.
Orientation Fee Information
The Student Orientation Fee is a one-time, mandatory fee of $140 for all new students. The Student Orientation Fee gives students access to all orientation and transition services including the live orientation sessions, access to an orientation leader, access to asynchronous online content, and all other transition programs, materials, and services.
Please note: the $100 Enrollment Confirmation Deposit is separate from the Student Orientation Fee.
The Student Orientation Fee will be applied to all students regardless of their attendance at orientation. The deadline to pay the student orientation fee is January 5, 2023, along with your other tuition and fees. You do not need to pay the fee before attending your live orientation session.
If you receive financial aid, university fees can be paid from your aid package. The student orientation fee will be charged to your student account automatically after the enrollment confirmation deadline on December 1, 2022. Student fees may be paid either through CashNet with credit/debit card or e-check or through student accounts on OASIS with any expected financial aid.
Questions about paying your orientation fee? Use the buttons below for additional support.
Note: The following programs have their own orientation
- CS Online
- 2+2+1 Teacher Pathway Program (Hartnell Partnership)
- Graduate Programs
- Credential Programs
For disability accommodations, to request sign language interpreters, or for any questions, please inform us at least one month prior to your orientation session by calling us at 831-582-4693 or email Orientation.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact us at 831-582-4693 or email Orientation.