Other CSU Users
Services to users from other CSU campuses
The library offers the following services to current students, faculty and staff from other CSU campuses:
- May consult and photocopy from Library books, periodicals, microforms, and reference materials
- Public access computers are available in the Reference Area for access to the Library's electronic collections.
- May borrow up to 25 (twenty-five) books at a time for a three (3) week loan period.
- May renew most items twice by accessing your library account online, by telephone to 831-582-3733, in person, or by e-mailing email@example.com
- May request searches on books not found on the shelves.
- May request access to materials on Course Reserve (by prior separate arrangement only)
Provision of library services to students, faculty and at other CSU campuses are available after in-person registration at the Library Circulation Desk, which includes verification of current status at another CSU campus.
The library does NOT provide the following services to current students, faculty and staff at other CSU campuses:
- Book recalls
- Interlibrary Loan (see Interlibrary Loan Policy)
The library cannot, by contract, offer remote access to its licensed databases to students, faculty and staff of other CSU campuses. However, access to many databases is available via the library website of the home CSU campus.
Responsibilities and privileges
The card issued to students, staff and faculty of other CSU campuses will serve as the library borrowing card. By presenting their library card when using Library services, the borrower agrees to comply with all CSUMB Library regulations. This card is non-transferable. Abuse of library privileges may result in loss of borrowing privileges. Repeated non-compliance with library regulations may result in cancellation of library privileges. Any person who steals or mutilates library material is subject to prosecution under the provisions of Federal, State, and Municipal laws, and the California Education Code.
Return of material
Items borrowed are due back to the Library by closing time on the due date. Items are to be returned to the Library Circulation Desk or book return bins. The library is not responsible for items improperly returned. All items returned after the given due date or recall date, are subject to the fees established by the CSUMB Library. See the library's Overdue, Recall and Replacement Fees Policy.
This policy is subject to change