September 19, 2022 to October 14, 2022
The Open Enrollment period for calendar year 2023 will begin on September 19, 2022 and end on October 14, 2022. Any changes made during Open Enrollment will go into effect January 1, 2023.
If you are NOT making any changes to your benefits, NO other action is required on your part.
However, please review the 2023 Health Rates Comparison Chart for any change to your current health plan rate, which will go into effect on January 1, 2023.
Re-enrollment is required in the HCRA and/or DCRA plans if you wish to participate for calendar year 2023. Please refer to HCRA and/or DCRA brochures for respective contribution limits.
Any changes made to your current benefits will go into effect on January 1, 2023. Any health plan rate changes will automatically update on January 1, 2023 for your current coverage.
During the Open Enrollment period, eligible employees may:
- enroll in Health, Dental, or Flexcash, if benefit eligible and not currently enrolled
- change plans
- add or delete eligible dependents (children up to age 26)
- enroll or re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement accounts)
- enroll in the MetLaw Legal Assistance plan
- enroll in Critical Illness Insurance
- enroll in Accident Insurance
- enroll in Pet Insurance
Open enrollment closes October 14, 2022. Forms must be returned to the Human Resources in Tide Hall (bldg. 23) locked mailbox on the outside of the building, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and no later than October 14, 2022.
What's Changing for 2023
- PPO Plan Changes
- New Primary Care Providers (PCP) will be assigned to PPO members who have not already selected a PCP
- Health Plan Rate Changes for 2023
- 2023 Health Rates Comparison Chart
- Additional HMO and EPO plan expansions in some areas
- Please check Health Rates Comparison Chart for expanded counties
- VSP Vision Care Plan
- Your vision benefits are being enhanced to include VSP LightCare. With VSP LightCare you can now use your VSP frame and lens benefits to get non-prescription eyewear from your VSP network eye doctor.
- VSP Premier Plan participants will also see a small rate decrease effective 1/1/2023.
Health Plan Costs for 2023
Please review the 2023 Health Rates Comparison Chart for specific 2023 employee premium costs.
Pursuant to California Government Code 22871, the CSU Employer Health Contribution Rates for 2023 have increased and are reflected below:
|Coverage Level||All Employees (Except R06)||R06 Employees|
|Employee +2 or more||$2,124||$2,144|
Campus Benefits Fairs and Q&A Drop-in Sessions
In addition to the benefits information for Open Enrollment on the CSUMB Open Enrollment website and CalState Open Enrollment website, once again this year, a virtual solution is available for our employees — providing additional access to benefits information. You are able to video or text chat with providers and your campus benefits team.
Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
You must register to get access to the website, which also hosts the regional campus benefits fairs. Don’t delay!
Looking for Benefit Providers?
Please review the 2022 OE Frequently Asked Questions for quick answers to your questions. You may also attend one of the virtual or in-person Q&A sessions listed below.
Open Enrollment Virtual Drop-In Q&A Sessions Dates/Times (Join Zoom Meeting):
- Tuesday, Sept. 20 from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 23 from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Monday, Sep 26 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sep 29 from 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- Monday, Oct 10 from 3 - 4 p.m.
- Wednesday Oct 12 from 10 - 11:30 am
Open Enrollment In-Person Drop-In Q&A Sessions Dates/Times
- Thursday, Oct 6 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. - Employee Engagement Benefits Table; Campus Main Quad
Making Additions/Changes/Deletions to Your Benefits
If you wish to make any benefit plan changes or add/delete dependents, please complete the appropriate form(s) listed below or from the Related Documents & Forms section of this page, and return them to Human Resources-Benefits via email (email@example.com), Fax (831-582-3572), or hand-deliver to Tide Hall (bldg 23) locked mailbox.
- Use the CalPERS Health Plan Search by Zip Code found on the CalPERS website to help you identify what health plans you are eligible to enroll in, or view the CalPERS 2023 Health Plan Summary booklet.
- 2023 Open Enrollment Worksheet - for Health, Dental, and FlexCash enrollment/changes.
- Dental Plan Enrollment Authorization Form - use for any Dental plan changes or dependent additions or deletions.
- FlexCash Enrollment Form - if you have non-CSU employer group health or dental coverage and wish to enroll in FlexCash (if changing from a CSU health or dental plan, you must fill out a health and/or dental form to terminate your enrollment before you can enroll in the FlexCash program).
- VSP Premier Plan Enrollment - contact VSP directly to enroll, change, or cancel coverage by either using the VSP website or by calling them at 1-800-400-4569. No VSP hard copy enrollment forms will be processed.
- Legal Assistance Plan - Visit the MetLaw website for any MetLaw cancellations or enrollments. You may also contact them at (800)438-6388 if you have any questions.
- Pet Insurance - Visit the Nationwide website for any Pet Insurance for any cancellations or enrollment.
- Life Insurance, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance - Visit The Standard website for any Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and Life Insurance changes, cancellations, or enrollments.
- Auto & Home Insurance - Visit the California Casualty website for information about auto, home, or renters insurance enrollment.
HCRA / DCRA - Health Care / Dependent Care Reimbursement Account - 2023 Enrollments
To enroll or re-enroll in the Health Care and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts for 2023, please complete the following enrollment form(s):
- HCRA / DCRA Enrollment Form 2022 - participation in these plans must be renewed annually during Open Enrollment.
View the CalState Open Enrollment Webpage
- CalState Open Enrollment Webpage - please select Monterey Bay as your campus and use your CSUMB password login.
Turn your forms in early to Human Resources to ensure your changes are received before the Open Enrollment deadline of October 14, 2022. Forms may be returned to Human Resources:
- Drop off forms to the Tide Hall (bldg. 23) locked mailbox on the outside of the building
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send through Adobe Sign - to email@example.com
- Fax to (831) 582-3572
Submit forms as early as possible, but no later than October 14, 2022.
Update Beneficiary Information
Open Enrollment is also a great time to update your beneficiary information for the following benefit plans (Beneficiary forms are located on the Benefit forms webpage):
- CalPERS Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Retirement Plans (401(k), 457, 403(b) plans);
- 403(b) Plan (CSU-sponsored)
- 401(k) & 457 Plans (administered by Savings Plus Program)
- Final Pay Warrant - Submit to Human Resources
Related Documents and Forms
2023 DCRA / HCRA Enrollment Form
2023 Open Enrollment Benefits Guide
2023 Health Rates Comparison Chart
2023 Open Enrollment Worksheet
California Casualty Product Flyer
CalPERS Beneficiary Designation