Verification & Missing Information
If you are selected for FAFSA or DREAM verification, a Missing Information Letter will be sent to you via email from the Financial Aid Office. After all requested documentation has been received by the Financial Aid Office, we will review your application and make any necessary corrections. Once verification have been reviewed, we will determine your eligibility for financial aid.
If selected for verification, please check your "to do list" under your "Student Center" in OASIS to view the specific verification document required. Visit Financial Aid Forms page for a list of verification forms. Please read and review your documents for completeness. Incomplete Verification Worksheets will not be processed.
If we are unable to confirm specific data provided, we may request additional documentation from you.
Please Note: CMS is now called OASIS
US Citizenship / Permanent Residence Status
Please Note: Documents below are required to be originals when presented to the Financial Aid Office. Students not able to deliver original documents must have a notarized statement rendering the document valid. Documents with the appropriate notarized statement can be mailed to our office. Documents mentioned below will be considered incomplete if the copy is not accompanied by a notarized statement.
A student must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident of the United States (Eligible Non-Citizen) to receive financial aid. We may be required to collect documentation that verifies your citizenship. Examples of documentation are:
- Copy of your birth certificate
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your Certificate of Naturalization
- Copy of your Certificate of Citizenship
- INS document statement for Verification of Permanent Residency
- If you are an Eligible Non-Citizen, your alien registration number will be confirmed with the INS to verify your residency.
- We may need to collect a copy of your alien registration card. The copy will then be sent to the INS for manual verification. If your status is verified, we will continue to review your application for financial aid.
Social Security Number
We may be required to collect a copy of your current social security card and drivers license. If you do not have a current social security card or have lost your card, you can go to the Social Security Administration Office nearest you and apply for another card. Send a copy of the receipt to us right away and a copy of the card when you receive it.
Selective Service Status
Males who are between the age of 18 and 25 must register with Selective Service. We may be required to collect documentation verifying you are registered with selective service. If you meet one or more of the following criteria, you will need to sign a selective service verification form:
- You are female
- You are in the armed services on active duty. (note: does not apply to members of the reserves or national guard who are not on active duty)
- You have not reached your 18th birthday
- You were born before 1960
- You are a citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia, or the
- Marshall Islands, or a permanent resident of the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands (Palau)
If you do not meet one of the above criteria, you will need to provide the financial aid office with a letter from the Selective Service Office verifying you are registered or have been waived from registering. You will be ineligible for financial aid if you fail to register.
Defaulted Loan Status
When your FAFSA is first submitted, CPS verifies the status of any outstanding student loans you have borrowed.
If you have defaulted on any loans, we are required to collect documentation verifying that you have paid off your defaulted loan, or have made necessary arrangements to bring the loans out of default status. Please send a copy of your default clearance letter from the holder of your student loan to the financial aid office upon request.
If you are in default and would like to clear the default, follow the instructions on your Student Aid Report (SAR).