Skip to content

Am I eligible?

In order to receive Financial Aid at CSUMB, a student must meet all of the following requirements:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen
  • Have a valid social security number
  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a student working towards a degree in an eligible program
  • Be registered with the selective services (males only)
  • Have a high school diploma or a general education diploma
  • Not be in default on any student loan
  • Not owe a refund for any grant
  • Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress as determined by CSUMB
  • Must not have a conviction regarding a drug offense. Any student who has a drug conviction for any offense, during a period of enrollment for which the student was receiving federal financial aid program funds, under any federal or state law involving the possession or sale of illegal drugs will result in the loss of eligibility for any federal student grant, loan, or work-study assistance (HEA Sec. 484(r)(1)); (20 U.S.C. 1091(r)(1)).

AB540 students are eligible to receive state funds under SB 131. Students who are interested in being considered for state funding must meet the criteria listed above with the exception of Citizenship and Social Security Number requirements. For more information on the Dream Act, please visit the California Student Aid Commission Website.

Study abroad

Students interested in studying abroad should visit CSUMB's International Office for information on CSUMB's Study Abroad programs and important information.

Most federal financial aid programs are available for study abroad programs for which units are accepted for transfer to your CSUMB academic record.

All students who wish to receive financial aid for enrollment in any study abroad program are required to meet with a financial aid counselor to discuss the types of financial aid available to you based on the study abroad program in which you plan to enroll.

If you are unsure about any of the items above, please contact the Financial Aid Office at CSUMB for assistance.

Financial Aid

(831) 582-5100
(831) 582-3782