Broward Center for American Education Partnership
California State University, Monterey Bay is proud to partner with Broward Center for American Education to prepare the leaders of tomorrow by providing a unique educational experience in Ecuador and Monterey Bay.
Students pursuing this pathway program can easily transfer to California State University, Monterey Bay to earn a Bachelor’s degree in the field of their choosing.
Must carry a minimum 2.0 GPA on university credits (on a 4.0 scale). If transferring as a lower-division student (less than 60 units), student must also have a cumulative 2.4 GPA from high school.
Satisfied by any of the following:
- Passing English Composition I or II at Broward Ecuador
- TOEFL iBT score of 61, or paper-based score of 500
- IELTS score of 5.5
- PTE score of 45
Below is a list of courses available from Broward Ecuador which meet transfer requirements to CSUMB. Courses can be taken in any order.
Students must complete one course in each of the General Education areas in order to complete that requirement.
Some courses can also be transferred as electives or major requirements.
A1 – ORAL COMMUNICATION
- SPC1608 Introduction to Public Speaking
A2 – WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- ENC1101 English Composition I
- ENC1102 English Composition II
B2 – LIFE SCIENCE/ B3 – LAB
- BSC1005/L General Biology / Lab
B4 – MATHEMATICS
- MAC1105 College Algebra
- STA2023 Statistics
C1 – ARTS
- ARH2000 Art Appreciation
C2 – HUMANITIES
- LIT2020 Introduction to the Short Story
- PHI2010 Introduction to Philosophy
- REL2300 World Religions
D1 – SOCIAL SCIENCES
- AMH2035 United States History: 1945 to the Present
- CPO2002 Introduction to Comparative Government
- ECO2013 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO2023 Principles of Microeconomics
- EUH1001 Survey of Western Civilization II
- INR2002 Introduction to International Relations
- PSY2012 General Psychology
- SYG2000 Principles of Sociology
D2 - U.S. HISTORIES & DEMOCRATIC PARTICIPATION
- AMH2010 History of the United States to 1877
- AMH2020 History of the United States since 1877
- POS2041 National Government (D2 and US 2&3)
Additional courses taken at Broward Ecuador may transfer to CSUMB and will be evaluated at the time of admission.