Bilingual Authorization Courses for Tri-County Area Teachers
Courses Offered in Summer Session 2019!
Note: All courses are taught in Spanish.
Bilingual Authorization Interest Form
If you would like to receive updates about the courses, please complete the Google Form below.Interest Form
The College of Extended Education, in collaboration with the Department of Education and Leadership, offers Bilingual Authorization Courses for Teachers during our summer session. The courses are offered in Spanish only and aims to prepare teachers to meet the needs of both the region and the state’s English Language Learners population.
The courses will focus on the linguistic, social and cultural factors in schooling language diverse students and how factors are considered for effective learning practices. Other areas of concentration include primary language development, second language acquisition, evaluation and current research.
Who Should Enroll?
The courses are ideal for credentialed teachers with an interest in adding Bilingual Authorization approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) to their skill set.
Upon completion of all courses, students will be prepared to develop, implement, and adapt curriculum and instructional strategies in bilingual, dual language, and cross-cultural settings.
The courses satisfy the education requirement for obtaining a Bilingual Authorization from the California CTC. Prospective students should
- Hold a clear or preliminary teaching credential
- Pass the World Languages CSET Subtest III (Spanish).
Language Requirement must be completed for admission or prior to self-recommendation to the CTC. Registration priority is provided to credentialed students.
Non-credentialed students can also enroll and gain insight into working and teaching in bilingual/multicultural settings including immersion and bilingual education classes.
|Course dates||TBD - Contact Darlene Moitoso, Teacher Ed Dept (831) 582-4612
|First day of instruction|
|Last day to add/drop classes|
|Last day of Bilingual Authorization instruction|
|Grades posted to student account|
Registration Approval & Payment Process
Students must contact the Department of Education and Leadership to obtain approval to register.
- Contact: Darlene Moitoso
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receiving approval, you will be provided with the Bilingual Authorization EE Registration Form and payment form.
- Submit the Bilingual Authorization EE Registration Form with payment to the Extended Education office
- Use the same form to add/drop courses with the Extended Education office
- Payment is due at time of registration by check or Credit Card Authorization Form
The registration fee is $280 per unit plus a $39 per semester campus fee. This fee applies to everyone, whether or not you are a California resident. Installment payment plans are available.
- Cost does not include CSET examination fees nor Bilingual Authorization CTC self-recommendation costs/fees.
Installment Payment Plans (IPP)
An Extended Education Installment Payment Plan (IPP) allows students to divide their tuition into multiple payments.
- Extended Education will approve requested payment plans
- Payment plans incur an additional $33 administrative processing fee
- First payment will be made at time of registration using a CC Authorization Form or check, all other payment will be made online in OASIS
Payment due dates
Please ensure you are able to make payment commitments before requesting approval for an Installment Payment Plan (IPP)
|1st payment||Due at time of registration|
|2nd payment||July 8, 2019|
|3rd payment||July 22, 2019|
Courses and Registration Form
Contact the Department of Education and Leadership
(831) 582-4612 - Darlene Moitoso
Location: Del Mar (Bldg 3)
Processing of Registration and Payments
Contact the Office of Extended Education
Location: Gavilan Hall (Bldg 201), Suite 209