What are they? Where do I get them? How do I know if I need them? This page is your one stop for everything you need to know about permission codes.
Permission codes, also called consent codes, are special numbers you need to get into a course that you do not meet requirements for. There are some specific reasons why you may need permission codes:
- You don't meet the prerequisites because your final transcripts/documents are not received yet.
- You don't meet the prerequisites because your transfer credit isn't complete yet.
- A department needs to verify that you're in the correct major to take a course.
- An instructor/department needs to give you permission to take a course.
The best way to see if you're going to need a permission code, is by using the validation feature in your shopping cart. Here is a video on how to use the validation feature (you can skip to 2:17).
Find the subject code below for the class you need a code for. Email the corresponding person/department and request a code from them. They will typically respond within 2 business days. Make sure you include this information in your email:
- Who you are (name, student ID)
- Your major
- What class you want a code for. Make sure you include the section number. (ex. HCOM 512-01 where "01" is the section number)