Students must first submit an application for admission and declare their intent to maintain legal domicile in their home state at the time of application. Students are welcome to submit a WUE contract before they have been admitted to the University; however, we will not review, process, or inform them of our decision until after they have received a final admission decision. This takes place after we have received and reviewed a student’s final official transcript upon high school or community college graduation.
Freshman Criteria for WUE Scholarship (must meet all the below criteria to be eligible):
- Have or will have completed 15 (year-long) college preparatory A-G courses with a grade of C- or better. These courses are described at the Freshman Requirements webpage.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Have or will have graduated from high school by the end of the spring term preceding fall enrollment.
Transfer Criteria for WUE Scholarship (must meet all the below criteria to be eligible)
- Have a college grade point average of 2.4 or better in all transferable college units completed.
- Have completed at least 60 semester transferable units or 90 quarter transferable units.
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended (i.e., you are eligible to re-enroll).
- Have completed the following “Golden Four” courses with a grade of C- or better:
- A1. Oral communication
- A2. Written communication
- A3. Critical thinking
- B4. College level mathematics/quantitative reasoning.
Visit the Transfer Requirements webpage to learn more about the “Golden Four” courses.